Shipping Update for Hurricane Laura
Hurricane Laura continues to intensify over the northwest Gulf of Mexico. Hurricane, Storm Surge and Tropical Storm warnings extend from the northwestern Gulf coast into parts of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas. View updated information at www.nhc.noaa.gov.
- Port of Houston is closed to ship channel traffic / condition YANKEE (winds above 39 mph expected within 24 hours)
- Port of New Orleans is closed / condition ZULU (winds above 39 mph expected within 12 hours). Note the Port NOLA website storm tracker is not updated.
California Wildfire Updates
Cooler temperatures in the region have been a relief as fire crews continue to battle three major wildfires in Northern California; but air quality in the region remains unstable. There is an interactive google map that shows the estimated perimeter of the fires when you click on them to give you a better visual here.
- In Sonoma county the LNU Lightning Complex has lifted some of the earlier evacuation notices on the perimeter. The fire is east of Windsor, north of Sebastopol and Santa Rosa.
- In Solano county the LNU Lightning Complex is east of Napa and north of Fairfield. Highway 80 is open, but some off ramps south of Vacaville are closed.
- In San Mateo and Santa Cruz county the CZU Lightning Complex fire is north of Santa Cruz.
Should you have questions on pending shipments, please login to myHillebrand or contact import customer service at +1 732 388 0101.